Changing the board flute type offers two key benefits; performance and logistics. Both offer a commercial benefit.
- For example changing from B flute to M flute can improve the print finish, by reducing flute shadow and creating a more rigid print substrate to give a finer consistent finish.
- Changing from B to M flute can improve the perforation tear of board, reducing debris left on the perfs and therefore an overall on shelf appearance uplift.
- Wider board calipers can improve Box Compression Test (BCT), moving from a heavyweight B flute to a lesser grammage C flute, can in some cases improve the BCT of the case.
- Caliper differences in flutes can offer a huge range of benefits relating primarily to the quantity per pallet:
For example: 305x229x229
- M flute – 1000pp
- B flute – 800pp
- C flute – 570pp
- EB flute – 480pp
- MB flute – 420pp
- BC flute – 300pp
Offering improved loadfill, reduced warehouse space, reduced number of fork lift truck movements, lower storage costs and lower delivery costs.
- B200KT(150SC) – Theoretical BCT – 211kg
- C150KT(150SC) – Theoretical BCT – 234kg – 4.7% cost saving
- C125KT (150SC) – Theoretical BCT – 209kg – 11.6% cost saving
Click here to download our Lab Series information sheet to find out more about Changing Flutes Types